- “Simple structure but deadly weapon when used right.”
- —Blueprint description
"Simple structure but deadly weapon when used right."
The Zip Gun is a ranged weapon / firearm--the first gun made craftable in the game.
It is rather slow compared to other weapons, but adequate against slower enemies like normal-mode Frenzied Giants in Bunker Alfa and larger enemies like Floater Bloaters and Toxic Abominations in resource zones, Bunker Alfa, etc. Zip Guns do 18 dmg at a speed of 0.8, or 14.4 DPS.
Zip Guns may be taken from AI Survivors in resource zones, found in loot, or crafted.
- Before Beta v.1.9.1, could be recycled into Spring, Factory Parts, Carbon Composite, and Blueprint for Zip Gun.
- Before Beta v.1.9, could be recycled into Scrap Metal, Aluminium Bar, and Steel Bar.
Trivia and Tips
- Introduced in Beta v.1.5.4
- While the Zip Gun is slower than most weapons and does less damage than Glock 17 and even well-aimed arrows, when found for free, it's a cheap way to kill things if you have patience. Its price in steel and oak makes it not a good value for crafting.
- In Beta v.1.9