- “Great for minor repairs and seems to outlive its owners”
- —In-game description
"Great for minor repairs and seems to outlive its owners"
The Wrench is a rare item critical in several Blueprints and second-phase construction builds in the game.
Wrenches may be obtained in the following locations:
- Bunker Alfa underground boxes:
- Floor 1 / Lobby: Shelf in the room with one Fast Biter
- Floor 2: Locker in the room across from the terminal, where the generator used to be, with one Frenzied Giant
- Floor 3: Lower Small Box in a room with one door protected by lasers, containing the largest F3 zombie horde, including Toxic Spitters and Toxic Abominations
- Blackport PD: Cabinet/dresser with printer at the end of the left hallway, guarded by 2 officers.
- Green, yellow, and red resource zone loot crates
- Airdrop events
- NPC Survivor Bases
- Specialist provided Floppy with coordinates locations
- Wrenches are required to craft the Electric Generator, five for the Blueprint and ten for the second-phase build.
- Wrenches are also needed for the Gateway Door (5) and Turret (10 each).
- Wrenches are needed to craft the Radio Tower, three for level 2 (Find Clan) and ten for level 3 (Create Clan).
- Repairing the terminals in Blackport PD
- Repairing the terminals in Bunker Bravo
- Part of many Weapon Modifications
Wrenches can also be exchanged in for points with Jane at the Gas Station.
Wrench is used in the other following Blueprints: