Initially, the Specialist is locked behind a fence in a room next to the terminal on the 2nd Floor of Bunker Alfa, and is guarded by several Toxic Spitters, frenzied giants, Floater Bloaters as well as a Turret. Once free, he will unlock the Overseer's Office located on the 1st floor of Bunker Alfa. You only need to rescue him once, thereafter he will be found in the Overseer’s Office.
"Open the door, please!" - Specialist
"Thanks! Lucky you're here!" - Specialist
"I think we can work together" - Specialist
"Let's meet in the Overseer's room" - Specialist
"I can modify your weapon, that's my job... was" - Specialist
"I can give you a floppy with coordinates" - Specialist
"Activate bunker security protocol, this way we've unlock secret rooms" - Specialist
He gives you the ability to activate Bunker Alfa's Hard Mode by using the big console in the Overseer's Office. When Hard Mode is activated, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of Bunker Alfa will be reset and will now house a tougher version of zombies that hit harder, take less damage and have increased speed. Three new zombies are also introduced: Exploder, Parasite, and The Blind One. After hard mode is activated it can't be undone until it closes and resets.
Reputation and Rewards
In Hard Mode, zombies will drop Identification tags, Chevrons, and Military Notebooks (generally in the same way they would drop green, yellow, and red coupons, respectively), which the Specialist will accept in exchange for Reputation. Identification tags, Chevrons, and Military Notebooks can also be found in some storage locations
The Specialist will give you a reward each time you level up your Reputation.
- All levels except 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15 - Floppy with coordinates
- Reputation Level 3 - Colt Python
- Reputation Level 6 - Glock Extended Magazine Modification
- Reputation Level 9 - FN SCAR
- Reputation Level 12 - AK-47 Handmade Silencer Modification
- Reputation Level 15 - Milkor MGL
The Floppy with coordinates is the common reward received at every finished level that doesn't reward the player with a new weapon. It can be input in the computer in the Overseer's Office to unlock 12-hour access to a location on the world map with special loot trunks and might find an Infected Box.
- Note: Given the high drop rate of tags and somewhat same drop rate for chevron and books, you need 35 tags, 16 chevron, and 16 books to fill the reputation meter.
- If the drop rate is proportional to each points, you need 38 tags, 19 chevron, and 13 books instead.
- These notes are just guide based on personal experience and have no clear data about the probabilities in the drop rate.
"I can exchange your extra blueprints for one from my stock." - Specialist
Each type of modification blueprint have their own % contribution.
- + 10% for Common modification blueprint.
- + 50% for Rare modification blueprint.
- + 200% for Extremely rare modification blueprint.
You will receive 1 Weapon mod blueprint for every 100%.
All excess % past 100% will be carried over to the next Weapon mod blueprint exchange.
The Specialist will never give Extremely rare modification blueprint
Weapons Modification (OLD)
Finally, besides the Specialist is the table where he will do weapons mods for you after you unlock the applicable reputation levels and supply the necessary materials. The resulting mod(s) will vary from a single modification (silencer, laser sight, etc.) to some combination thereof.
This was removed in update Beta v.1.9
- Introduced in Beta v.1.6.9
- HE HAS 1,000 ARMOR (Milkor MGL Deals 3 Damage or 98.36% Damage Reduction).
- If the Specialist is killed, another Specialist will spawn right in front of the Dead Specialist.
- It will only respawn if damaged/killed before leaving and reentering Bunker Alfa Floor 1
- Therefore there can be infinite number of Dead Specialist in Floor 1 if you want but it will cost 17 Milkor MGL per 8 Bodies.
- You can still interact to the Dead Specialists.