- “Some parts may have survived. You need to take it home to disassemble it with Recycler.”
- – In-game description
Since Beta v.1.8.2, the Rusty Vehicle in resource zones can sometimes appear on the minimap as a loot container. Once the Rusty Vehicle is opened, the player can carry the Rusty Engine found inside to their Chopper (or ATV, in the future) to be transported on the heavy baggage rack to their home base.
The Rusty Engine can be recycled with the Mechanics skill in the Recycler, possible sets of outputs:
Note: Once placed on the Recycler, the Rusty Engine cannot be removed until it is fully processed.
The Rusty Engine can also be given to the mechanic inside Jane's garage at the Gas Station in exchange for 100 points.
Note: Once placed on the pallet, the Rusty Engine cannot be removed.
Trivia and Tips
- The Rusty Vehicle can be found in many locations without a Rusty Engine inside.
- The Rusty Vehicle with an engine inside is very rare. It may be more common in red zones than yellow, and more common in yellow zones than green, but this is not certain. Rusty engines are proved to be found for sure in Junkyard.
- Since the Rusty Engine cannot be removed from the Recycler once placed, it's best to be sure your Mechanics recycling skill level is high enough that you're not wasting the rare item's potential opportunity for an Engine Part.
- Since Beta v.1.10.3, Rusty Engines and Intact Engines can be found at the Gas Station.
- Since Beta v.1.14 you can have limited quantity (5) of this item at your Home
- "I got too many of such items at my base"