|Notice: M16 is currently not craftable because Tungsten Bar is unavailable in the game.|
- “Assault rifle with light recoil and high-velocity.”
- —Blueprint description
"An American automatic rifle, the last bastion of democracy in our world"
The M16 is a rifle that can be found in a loot container in Bunker Bravo, Bunker Alfa Level 1, 2, 3, and 4th floors, on raids, in yellow or red zone AI survivors (super rare chance), in a Weapon Crate, Rest Stop events, (or any event for that matter), can be earned in Survival Guide (List of tasks), and of course through in-game purchase.
It can also be obtained through Zombie Warfare Pack, "Rare weapon".
- The Dealer uses an M16 to defend himself if you attack him
- Though called the M16, the rifle closely resembles the M4A1 assault rifle, (if you look closely at the weapon itself, you can tell how very closely it is similar.), before Beta v.1.9
- In Beta v.1.9, the model was changed to more closely resemble the M16A1.
- Can be used to mow down hordes of the undead, but constant firing will only last about 30 seconds (if unmodified).
- In Beta v.1.9
- Changed level from 76 to 94 in Beta v.1.15