Energy is a value depleted depending on the distance you want to traverse at a run. It starts at a maximum of 200 and recharges at rate of one point every five minutes (8 hours and 20 minutes for full recovery from zero).
"We know that many of our players have to stay home under quarantine. For your own safety and safety of others."
"We wanna support you and help to spend the isolation time more fun – the amount of energy will be temporally increased to 200 so that you can play more. Enjoy, darlings!" (from https://twitter.com/LastDaySurvival)
"The world is going through a difficult phase. For your own safety and safety of others, many of you have to stay home under quarantine, and we entirely approve it. Health is above all!"
"We'd like to support our players and help you spend the isolation time less boring. From today on, the amount of energy will be temporarily increased from 100 to 200, so that you can play more. Enjoy the game and take care!" (from https://www.facebook.com/lastdayonearthgame/)
Since Beta v.1.4.6 added the ability to watch advertisements to gain 15 energy each, with up to five ads per day, depending on the player's location and internet connection.
When energy is at zero and no ads are available, running is disabled. Walk to travel to any other area, taking time instead of using energy. Energy can also be instantly refilled by spending in-game coins, and mid-walk travel can be accelerated if sufficient energy is bought or recharged in the interim.
- You can conserve some of your energy by pressing "Walk", then wait till the energy cost drops. Review the table at the bottom of this post, try to memorize a few of them for places that you commonly visit and strategize accordingly.
- Some events are time limited, so the option of walking instead of using energy isn't always unavailable, such as the Rest Stop event or the Airdrop event.
- Airdrop, Dealer, and Rest Stop events reset every day at 00:00 GMT. You will have to opportunity to visit 3 airdrops every day. Airdrops are triggered by and directly related to how much energy you have. You won't be offered an airdrop until your energy drops somewhere around 50, the second will be available around 40, and the third around 15.
- Energy can be bought from the store with the in-game currency of coins, but it is highly recommended to use any remaining energy first if possible, to avoid waste.
- The completed Chopper also allows travel at the cost of gasoline consumption. If gas runs out mid-ride, travel defaults to walking and can be accelerated to running if energy is available. Additional gasoline cannot be poured on mid-ride.
- A player cannot walk or run directly to Rest Stop events but to conserve gasoline, you can walk or run to a nearby area and then drive from there.
The energy cost to run to a location varies in relation to the level of the player's 'Walker skill'. At different cutoffs of remaining walking time, the energy cost changes as follows:
|Energy Cost||Run Time||Walk-Time based on Walker Skill level|
|Lvl 0 (100%)||Lvl 1(97%)||Lvl 2 (94.1%)||Lvl 3 (91.8%)||Lvl 4 (89.2%)||Lvl 5 (87.1%)|
- Increased from 100 to 200 on March 19, 2020 in Beta v.1.16.4
- The highest time saved over energy cost is when the cost are 20, 40, and 60.