Death is an event that occurs when the player's Health depletes to 0.
After death, the following events occur:
- All items with the player get dropped.
- Player's Hunger, Thirst, Health, Cleanliness and Pee state are reset.
- Player respawns at Home location (and will respawn at doormat if placed).
Dying has some benefits:
- Dying for the 5th time (only once) rewards the player with a Machete.
- Dying for the 100th time (only once) rewards the player with a Glock 17.
- After death, the player can loot their most recent corpse to get items back, but only if the corpse is in an unexpired/non-reset location. Resource areas such as limestone cliffs and pine groves reset upon exit, which includes death. Other locations, such as bunkers, airdrops, floppy coordinates, etc. expire on a timer.
- If the player dies while searching the lower levels of Bunker Alfa, live zombies will return to their starting positions. (The fully dead won't respawn.)
- Dying will instantly reset Hunger, Health, Cleanliness, and Hydration and send the player Home instantly. This may be useful for Dealer events.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.