Basements are new underground places added in locations.
- Some Basements require the Burglar or Hacker skill while having almost all of those found in green zones accessible to all.
- They may also have extra walls in them that require Hatchet, Iron Hatchet, or Pickaxe. These may or may not lead to other entrance or paths.
- Some have Iron or Copper Ore node that requires Pickaxe and Iron Pickaxe to collect resources.
The Boss, Fetid Corpse, may spawn in the basement as well, although it happens most of the time in red zone basements.
- Fighting against it requires at least 1 Gas Mask when fighting using a firearm or 2 when fighting using a melee.
- Roaming Zombie 40 HP
- Crawler 80 HP
- Fast Biter 80 HP
- Toxic Spitter 80 HP
- Fast Rotter 120 HP
- Floater Bloater 240 HP
- Savage Giant 250 HP
- Toxic Abomination 300 HP
- Fetid Corpse 400 HP
- Toxic Spewer 500 HP
- Lurker 800 HP
- The Big One 1000 HP
- Survivor 100 HP
- Raider 100 HP
Depends on Zone, Green zone loot on top of basements are generally components or food items.
Red Zones can have rare components and ATV parts as well as food items. There will be a chance for weapon mods, I found a Rare mod so I dont know if Purple mods are possible. I believe rare melee weapons like Katanas or firearms like a Shotgun or Glock 17 can be found.
Under the basements I believe in certain hidden rooms the loot is set to the same items every time such as the breakable wall in the flooded basement which has Copper Bars and Oak Logs. From personel gameplay i found Oak Planks in another chest (I was in Green Pine Zone) so I believe the loot inside basements is unaffected by the loot table in zones but has its own "Basement Loot Table".
Sometimes there will be a basement with The Big One feasting on a dead body. Beside will be a Gas Cylinder where you will be able to explode TBO. Before opening the door, there will be a survivor that says:
"I wasn’t able to make it"
"don’t open the door"
- Introduced in Beta v.1.12.2