|Notice: AK-47 is currently not craftable because Tungsten Bar is unavailable in the game.|
- “A simple Soviet rifle and a reliable comrade in any battle.”
- – Blueprint description
"A simple Soviet rifle and a reliable comrade in any battle."
The AK-47 is an automatic, ranged weapon, deals a total of 15 damage per shot (unmodified).
It is similar to the M16 in range, stability, durability and fire rate but deals three more damage points and has one additional weapon modification slot, making it a slight upgrade to the M16 itself.
The AK-47 is one of the best weapons to obtain and to use in-game, its damage per second is only surpassed by the FN SCAR and the Minigun. It is very useful for killing Frenzied Giants, against Raiders and AI Survivors, and destroying Turrets in Bunker Alfa's lower floors.
WARNING: With the Grenade Launcher mod, it is important to keep in mind that its active skill will fire an explosive shot exactly like the Milkor MGL, consuming a moderate portion of durability from the weapon no matter if it is shot at an enemy or not.
- In Bunker Alfa, the AK-47 can be found in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors and can be obtained from yellow, and/or red coupon crates in the 1st floor. The chances to obtain an AK-47 in the 1st floor will depend on the quality of the crate opened, being extremely rare in green coupon crates and very common in red coupon crates. When obtained from a red coupon crate, the chances to obtain a modified AK-47 are almost guaranteed, often having at least one extremely rare modification attached on them, attached modifications with active skills are however one of the rarest drops possible.
- Some AI Survivors may also carry AK-47's (18% chance in red resource zones).
- Can be very rarely found in crates from resource zones.
- Can be rarely found in Weapon Crates.
- When the Tungsten Bar will be obtainable, the AK-47 will be craftable.
Trivia and Tips
- Automatic weapons like the AK-47 are excellent for destroying turrets, killing small hordes, The Blind One, Frenzied Giants, raiders, zombies during raids (it is advised to attach the handmade silencer modification before a raid) and in Blackport PD's arena.
- Changed design again in Beta v.1.11.6